TIME TO VOTE!!!

barca1 18:01 03 Apr 2008

Got our voting car through this morning & my wife wanted to throw it in the bin, Cant see Gordon Brown been anywhere near close on this election..me thinks he'll landslide right down...

dan** 18:14 03 Apr 2008

'Got our voting car through this morning'

They give you a car to go and vote?

Which political party does that?

Oh and which election is this.

Pine Man 18:16 03 Apr 2008

.. can we choose which make we want?

Forum Editor 18:17 03 Apr 2008

is referring to the May Council elections.

As for the 'car', that was quite obviously a slip of the finger - everyone does it, and it's probably polite not to make a thing of it.

barca1 18:20 03 Apr 2008

UPP's sorry guys & FE i mean "CARD"..doh...

dan** 18:20 03 Apr 2008

barca1.

PS no may elections here.:-)

Pine Man 18:23 03 Apr 2008

It's slips like these that 'lighten' up the forum:-))

Devil Fish 18:36 03 Apr 2008

ithink you are confussing local and general elections
the local elections coming up in may should be decided on local issues though it could give the pm a headache if people choose to use it as a vote of no confidence in the goverment however it wont remove him from power.

A general election is the one to change the government however looking at recent opinion polls i cant see that happening any time soon

techie4me 18:39 03 Apr 2008

My local area is a strong hold for the Residents Association.
Much prefer when it's a national election & i can use my vote wisely for a 'proper' party like this one click here

Bingalau 20:03 03 Apr 2008

I am aways saying "I can remember this and I can remember that.." Can anyone else remember when the political parties used to actually take older and infirm people to the polls?

Jim Thing 20:51 03 Apr 2008

"Can anyone else remember when the political parties used to actually take older and infirm people to the polls?"

Yes, and local well-known worthies got similar treatment. A local clergyman once told me that the Tories had offered him a lift to the polling station. "But I'm a Labour voter" he said. Doesn't matter" they replied. "Just go in our car."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?