time to throw the book....

Seth Haniel 14:29 21 Aug 2008

thats 'telephone directory' at them

click here

Thirty-two people complained after receiving an unsolicited phone call which they thought was somebody trying unsuccessfully to talk to them.

It prompted them to call back on an 070 number which charged at a higher rate.

Maybe make a few others consider their ways ;)

interzone55 15:40 21 Aug 2008

I think it's about time all premium rate numbers were withdrawn, there's far too many cases like this.

I'm reluctant to telephone any number that starts with 07, 08 or 09 in case I'll hav eto sell my car to pay the bill...

johndrew 16:02 21 Aug 2008

Any 0800 number is fine - it`s free. What annoys me is my doctors`surgery that used an 0845 number and keeps you on hold for ages.

I do agree with you about premium rate numbers. I have may `phone blocked by BT to prevent any being dialed. A free service unless you want to reverse the process.

interzone55 17:10 21 Aug 2008

An 0800 number is only free if you dial from a landline.
Most mobile networks charge for 0800 numbers, and they're not normally included in your included minutes allowance.

But that's another story entirely...

johndrew 19:12 21 Aug 2008

`Most mobile networks charge for 0800 numbers ..`

Very true. But if mobile `phones were used sensibly (predominantly emergencies) rather than for telling everyone within earshot the owner`s business and location, There would be little to be concerned about and `phone boxes wouldn`t be phased out.

I am aware that some people rely totally on mobile networks and have no landline, but mobiles are very much abused to the benefit of the service supplier and the detriment of many of the public. Used sensibly they are a boon but abused as they are by many they are little more than a curse.

I feel better now!!!!!

peter99co 19:30 21 Aug 2008

I have just landlined '3' on a 0870 number and although the service was excellent i hate to think how much it cost!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017