Time speeds up when battery life ends.

Aitchbee 20:21 24 Apr 2017
Answered

...has anybody noticed this phenomenom on battery-powered clocks. I always find that as the last ounces of power are extracted from the AA batteries the clock's time advances more than the actual time ie. it runs faster than normal?

Quickbeam 20:28 24 Apr 2017

I don't have the time available to check it out!

Old Deuteronomy 20:29 24 Apr 2017

This is so that when the clock stops and you change the battery, real time will catch up with the clock and won't have to correct it.

Aitchbee 20:32 24 Apr 2017

Old Deuteronomy, your theory has got legs.

bumpkin 20:37 24 Apr 2017
Answer

Not enough power left to operate the regulator and the motor together so sometimes the regulator stops before the motor.

Aitchbee 20:41 24 Apr 2017

bumpkin, that sounds like a feesible explanation.

Aitchbee 20:56 24 Apr 2017

I don't know ... but perhaps there is a deeper human analogy here, [ do not discuss] ha ha.

BT 08:17 25 Apr 2017

. but perhaps there is a deeper human analogy here

Its a well known 'fact' that the years seem to go quicker as you get older, so it follows that the same could apply to batteries.

BT 08:21 25 Apr 2017

Still doesn't explain why the clock on my microwave never seems to be right. Considering its mains powered it should keep time just as accurately as my bedside mains powered clock. This isn't just this Microwave it seems to be a common feature of the several I've had over the years.

morddwyd 09:18 25 Apr 2017

A bit like life really, time seems to pass much quicker as your battery runs down!

john bunyan 09:26 25 Apr 2017

I remember a saying that knitters have to knit faster before the wool rus out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires