Time To Get A Bit Soppy

babybell 11:59 02 Aug 2010

BBC News have released what they believe to be the 20 films that make men cry:

click here

So, what films have made you cry in the past? Don't be shy, we're all human.

I don't mind admitting that the execution of John Coffey in The Green Mile had me blubbing, I'd had a few wines though.

Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;o)

Mark5001 13:05 02 Aug 2010

Mask, The story of Rocky Dennis.The end scene from An Officer & A Gentlemen and the end of A Few Good Men. Not exactly a crying moment but more of a lump in the throat thing.

JYPX 13:30 02 Aug 2010

A Very Long Engagement (Un long dimanche de fiançailles)
Pan's Labyrinth
The Orphanage
My Sister's Keeper
Million Dollar Baby

JYPX 13:44 02 Aug 2010

Also:
Most films with a score written by Thomas Newman.
(Green Mile, Shawshank, American Beauty, Meet Joe Black, Pay It Forward). I realise that the structure of the music is pure manipulation but that does not make it any less brilliant, or mean that I am immune to it's effects.

Seth Haniel 13:46 02 Aug 2010

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (French: Les Parapluies de Cherbourg)

click here

Bingalau 14:07 02 Aug 2010

Not films, but the news of yet another service-person's death in Afghanistan makes me weep. Puts alot of things in perspective too for me. There is always someone worse off than yourself.

Bapou 14:56 02 Aug 2010

About the only time I can recall a tear or two was when Hooch died in the film Turner and Hooch.

So very sad.

Kevscar1 15:24 02 Aug 2010

Until this happened to me the only film that got me crying was the end scene in Shane

gardener 16:04 02 Aug 2010

The Ultimate Ninja. Cried with laughter, possibly the worst film I've ever seen.

dukeboxhero 16:06 02 Aug 2010

Cant think of a film thats had that effect on me,
But the recent documentery about recovering the remains of those that fell at the battle of Fromelles very moving.

Forum Editor 18:06 02 Aug 2010

children being rejected and/or treated cruelly by adults brings a lump to my throat - I can't bear seeing desperate kids deprived of parental love, even in a film.

When I first read Oliver Twist - at the age of fifteen or so - I was deeply affected by the child abuse portrayed, and that seems to have stayed with me, It's the one thing that starts me off in a film.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?