Time back in business

Walt1 21:36 08 Mar 2006

Meet the new boss - same as the old boss. I just had to air my views on the news that Time Computers is back in business, this time as a direct-sell operation.... TimeUK. I still have nightmares about my dealings with Time in 2000.
Within a month of purchasing my computer, I got the dreaded blue screen, which meant the whole thing had jammed up. I switched off and when I switched on again it was OK for about an hour - then the same again. Calls to the Time helpline brought the response "Reboot." Very helpful. My computer went back to the Burnley factory three times, each time being returned with the assurance that the problem had been cured. I was even told a new motherboard had been installed. This was clearly nonsense as the same fault kept re-occurring. The helpful manager at my local Computer World store even told me what was wrong after a few local tests. The computer was returned to Burnley for the fourth time and I got a reply back saying they "had been unable to replicate my situation at home" and therefore there was nothing further they could do. An insult to my intelligence. I kicked up a hell of a fuss and finally got a replacement, which four years later is still problem-free. It was clear that I was being told a load of ***** by the people at Time, Burnley, and the computer had been returned to me with nothing done. They lied. The moral of this story: if TimeUK were tghe last computer suppliers on earth, I wouldn't touch them with the proverbial bargepole.I hope they go bust again.

David

martjc 21:50 08 Mar 2006

...but surely, they will have learned by their past mistakes. <|8¬()

But seriously folks, every computer manufacturer has let a bad one go out the door. And we all know how sometimes errors in P.C.s can be 'intermittant'. I'm sure there are many customers who bought the original Time machines and are still quite happy with them. Give them a chance! They may have changed a lot.

Starfox 22:04 08 Mar 2006

"They may have changed a lot."

I hope they have and I hope they get it right this time and make a go of it but somehow I doubt it.TIME will tell.:-)

Forum Editor 23:39 08 Mar 2006

to wait to see what happens, rather than talking about something that happened in the past? I can perfectly well understand how irritating it was for you then, but frankly I don't see how it's in any way relevant to the new company.

Saying "I hope they go bust again" is really just an expression of malice, and negates any validity which your opening post might have had.

This isn't thread that's worth taking seriously because of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?