Tiger's injunction

bri-an 18:21 11 Dec 2009

click here

Will the injunction (which will be very hard to maintain?) simply make people guess, and maybe do him even more character damage?

Forum Editor 18:30 11 Dec 2009

is a serious matter, and we're certainly not going down that road. By all means talk about anything that is already in the public domain, but stay away from the possible reasons for the injunction. You can speculate about its effects on Tiger Woods' reputation, but that's all.

bri-an 18:50 11 Dec 2009

I had absolutely no intention of expecting (or encouraging)speculation, I simply suggested that that was exactly what people would do, and so an injunction of this kind might be counter productive to him.

Forum Editor 19:09 11 Dec 2009

that you intended to speculate - I just wanted to get my warning online before somebody else indulged.

morddwyd 19:43 11 Dec 2009

Difficult to see what he hopes to achieve.

Information such as this, and I have no idea what it might be, nor am I interested, is normally readily available from other sources.

Even before the days of the internet and instant comms the "secret" of Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson was know all over the world in spite of a UK (voluntary) news blackout.

bri-an 08:46 12 Dec 2009

Yes, I had exactly the same thoughts when I posted - what is to be gained?
However, I now see Tiger has 'given up ' playing for a spell to sort out his life, and do his penance?
click here

Interesting to watch how long it lasts.

Al94 18:50 12 Dec 2009

click here for some amusement on the topic!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?