Tiger Launches on April 29

powerless 16:59 13 Apr 2005

click here

I know, I know this is a PC site right?

But is anyone excited?

I am!!

Joe R 17:10 13 Apr 2005

The one thing that really sticks out for me, is the family pack 5 user license for £135, now if M/S could come up with a deal like this, I would get excited.

Joe R 17:11 13 Apr 2005

sorry, £139

Maverick81 17:33 13 Apr 2005

Its linux with a shiny apple interface....its not a big deal really :o)

georgemac © 17:40 13 Apr 2005

for the uneducated - a mac is still basically a pc - why can't mac develop their OS to run on a PC and give MS some real competition?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:40 13 Apr 2005

I would rather not be associated with any company that spouts adspeak like....'Weather widgets for home and office are perfect for areas with microclimates. If you keep ones for your home town around, your family will think you’re psychic when you call'. It's the 'psychic' bit that kills me. Oh and a triple Meh!...seen all the crud before.

G

Elyse 19:17 13 Apr 2005

"for the uneducated - a mac is still basically a pc - why can't mac develop their OS to run on a PC and give MS some real competition?"

Who knows?? Seems logical though, right??

Looks awesome -- I'm not a mac user nor do i live in europe -- is this available in the states?

powerless 19:20 13 Apr 2005

On the 29th - Yeah!

Dan the Doctus 19:20 13 Apr 2005

It seems to be Apple's version of Longhorn, as it uses many of the features that will be incorporated into Longhorn. This may give them a temporary advantage over Microsoft but my prediction is Longhorn will stamp all over it once it's released.

Charence 20:43 13 Apr 2005

Windows, Mac, Linux...what's the difference? They're all OSes right? Of course Mac is a personal computer, its not a public computer is it?

The desktop looks quite nice and Dashboard weather thing doesn't seem to be anything new; my Yahoo Messenger will currently tell me the weather info from 8 different locations, the latest headlines, my portfolio for stocks and a calendar. The box it comes packaged in also looks quite nice.

Powerless - Are you going to upgrade to Tiger then? Also you don't seem to have said much about your new Mini Mac, is it good to use? how different from Windows?

Charence

stalion 21:24 13 Apr 2005

I only use a mac when it's raining

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017