Thread removals

Marko797 17:27 04 Oct 2007

Can anyone tell me why certain threads have bn recently removed? Brigadier posted one today, & I posted one the other day related to F1. There may have been others which I missed.

Neither, IMHO, contravened the policy stated by PCA Forum:

"This is the place for lively and thought-provoking debate with other forum members. There's no need to restrict discussions to computing, or computer related topics, but be warned... we don't condone religious intolerance, sexism, racism, bad language, personal abuse, partisan politics or libellous statements".

Is this another form of censorship where there are no clear rules except those invented by the FE? An email to the offender might have been appropriate if the thread entry was so offensive.

Forum Editor 17:32 04 Oct 2007

Let's get a couple of things straight.

1. The only person who gets an explanation about deleted posts or threads is the person who posted them.

2. If you take a moment to reflect you'll realise that this is a privately owned and operated web forum - we decide what does or doesn't remain online, and we make editorial decisions regarding the suitability of thread content - that's always been the case.

3. If you download a copy of the forum rules and etiquette via the link at the top of the page you'll have a clearer idea about the way we work.

If you're not clear about anything after that, feel free to email me rather than posting threads in the forum about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?