Thor : The Dark World.

rdave13 21:14 10 May 2014
Answered

Any fans of Dr. Who should have a 'gander' at this film. It is simply in the format of 'Who' and I thoroughly enjoyed this fantasy film.

It has it all, including slight innuendos, good graphics and a shite plot. A great combination for 112 minutes of pure entertainment.

Thread aimed at fourm member, as I know he has a weakness for Dr. Who.

It's a shame that Elisabeth Clara Heath-Sladen wasn't the leading actress as that would have made the film perfect.

Well worth watching in my humble opinion.

martd7 21:32 10 May 2014

rdave 13

Agree wholeheartedly,watched it few weeks back,i wouldnt say "a shite plot",but its an all action fantasy film,roll on Avengers assemble 2

Aitchbee 21:38 10 May 2014

Thanks, rdave13; 'good graphics and a shite plot' if dished out, with a sprinkling of humour and a dash of double-entendres, will not do a film's takings any harm, at-all-at-all.

martd7 21:39 10 May 2014

You may want to see how the sfx were done here

click here

rdave13 22:00 10 May 2014

Made $644.8 million worldwide. That's a lot of money, and thanks for the link mart7. Still say it's a shite plot but totally entertaining.

fourm member 07:58 11 May 2014

Thanks, but no thanks.

But if I ever want a hammer-blow of boredom to the back of the head I'll know where to go.

Incidentally, a tense correction - 'he haD a weakness for Dr. Who'.

A bit like the old Hammer Horror films that had to keep finding new ways of killing vampires, the recent Who series has, for me, stretched the format too far.

kad292 09:31 11 May 2014

Love to see a critic actually do what they criticize.

This Thor part 2 is much better than the first but recently went to see Captain America and found it fantastic.Slew of sci-fi movies coming out with Avengers topping the list,Godzilla may be a no no.

rdave13 09:40 11 May 2014

I didn't know it was a sequel so possibly that's why I enjoyed it. The Guardian critic certainly slates it.

fourm member 10:20 11 May 2014
Answer

kad292

'Love to see a critic actually do what they criticise.'

What would be the point of that? You'd have the streets clogged with unfit men running after balls while Premiership clubs played to empty stands.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?