Things you don't want to see...

interzone55 09:57 05 Nov 2009

On my way in to work this morning I passed a private ambulance, on the back was an advert for Gibson's Funeral Service.

Not really something you want to see as you enter an ambulance...

jakimo 10:51 05 Nov 2009

Very enterprising I would have though,wonder if they gave a discount for providing your own firelighters

Grey Goo 11:07 05 Nov 2009

If your in a black private ambulance you probably will not see anything, ever.

Noldi 11:51 05 Nov 2009

And you never have a pen and paper handy when you need them.

Noldi

interzone55 12:18 05 Nov 2009

It wasn't a black one, it's an ambulance used by one of the local private hospitals, they mainly do cosmetic surgery, which is doubly worrying to be honest...

Quickbeam 12:30 05 Nov 2009

They probably have an 'arrangement' with each other... just like the one that Burke and hare had with Knox:(

Grey Goo 19:27 05 Nov 2009

There is a business opportunity there I reckon. Mobile cosmetic surgery, bit like Smart repairs for cars. Facelifts in the comfort of your own home,nose jobs on the move,2 chairs no waiting. You can thumb through the casket catalogue at the same time, just in case.

Forum Editor 19:35 05 Nov 2009

that there can't be too many ways in which a funeral service can advertise itself - it's unlikely that many of us would buy a magazine called 'Undertaker Review'.

Private ambulances are just that - private vehicles, and their owners/operators are free to carry ads if they like, I suppose.

wolfie3000 04:23 06 Nov 2009

Funeral Service journal,
click here

Grey Goo 21:17 07 Nov 2009

If they had a cricket team they could play for the ashes.

justme 22:41 07 Nov 2009

A few years ago I came off second best in a dispute with a circular saw. For my troubles I had my first (and hopefully last) trip in an ambulance.

As the ambulance drew up at the hospital the driver decided to turn the vehicle round and as she did so I saw a large sign which said "Vehicular access to mortuary only". I was quite relieved when the ambulance moved off to the entrance to the wards.

Just in case any of the staff at Glasgow Royal Infirmary plastic surgery unit are reading this may I publically thank them for repairing my hand. It now works perfectly again even though I don't have the normal pulse in my wrist any more due to my having severed the radial artery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires