things we know we know...

IClaudio 19:57 08 Feb 2011

I know that when I see Donald Rumsfeld, my skin crawls... he is loathsome.

Covergirl 20:14 08 Feb 2011

. . . we're going to get asked at least 6 times if we need assistance.

OTT_B 21:19 08 Feb 2011

I get an oddly similar feeling when I see a picture if Gordon Brown. It gets a whole lot worse when he's on TV (a fine reason not to watch TV!).

I also know that my morning coffee is the best drink in the world, and the taste will inform me that the world is right for me to start doing something :)

caccy 21:22 08 Feb 2011

When I start to watch a factual programme on TV I know it will be spoilt by excessively loud and unecessary background "music". Normally give it two minutes before switching over.

dagbladet 21:41 08 Feb 2011

When someone posts on here, "I've just come home from work and they have put up a new speed camera in my koi-carp pond and all my fish are dead. I'm a bit miffed", at least 2 will respond with "don't speed, simples(sic)" and a couple of "better that some a poor child gets knocked over".

dagbladet 21:43 08 Feb 2011

correction;

"better that THAN some poor child gets knocked over".

STREETWORK 21:49 08 Feb 2011

I know that I bite my lip when a lady on the phone says 'bear with me a minute'...

IClaudio 22:19 08 Feb 2011

'There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.'

I should have made it clear that this was a thread about Rumsfeld and his peculiar take on world affairs - not unusual, especially for Americans, but he was, after all, Secretary for Defense.

But I agree, 'Bear with me' makes me want to strangle the person at the other end of the phone... similarly, 'No problem' Why do they say that?

Forum Editor 23:02 08 Feb 2011

that spends its time referring to one individual as 'loathsome' - there's nothing of general interest in that kind of thing.

Talk about a public figure's approach to work if you like, but don't descend to personal abuse, even (or especially) when directed at someone you don't know.

Rumsfeld was not popular, and I imagine there were sighs of relief when he departed his post, but he's a human being just the same.

IClaudio 23:54 08 Feb 2011

I posted this after seeing him tonight, beginning his latest campaign, selling his memoirs. In which he blames everyone else for the Iraq debacle rather than himself.

I find his approach to his work utterly loathsome, and his disregard for the people that he sent to their deaths above loathsome.

Of course, this is my viewpoint, not PC Advisor's.

By the way, how do you know I don't know him?

robin_x 00:15 09 Feb 2011

Other humans with innovative strange (work) ethics ...

Hitler, Stalin,et al, Mao, Pol Pot etc.

But I wouldn't dream of saying anything negative about them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?