They're still at it...

Grey Goo 18:58 19 Oct 2008

Coming home from a week in Majorca recently we were approached at the departure gate in Palma Airport by a couple of oics trying to flog Argos credit cards. Perhaps this is an undercover way of continuing the credit card selling by moving out of the UK and targeting travellers abroad. Could you imagine these people getting through to the "secure" side of Gatwick to peddle their wares. Needless to say I was less than polite to them and advised them that they would be walking in a funny way if they persisted.

Stuartli 19:01 19 Oct 2008

No doubt they would require all your personal and bank account details...

dagbladet 19:01 19 Oct 2008

Hopefully no-one will want to kick me in the 'nads as I go about my business tomorrow.

Grey Goo 19:11 19 Oct 2008

Do you try to sell Argos Credit cards and won't take no for an answer. If so you deserve all you get.

dagbladet 19:14 19 Oct 2008

Hopefully no-one will want to kick me in the 'nads as I go about my business tomorrow.

Pineman100 19:30 19 Oct 2008

I wonder how many people would actually sign up for a UK credit card in a foreign airport, as they pass through the departure gate?

spuds 19:39 19 Oct 2008

Funny enough, our local Argos use to have people pestering you to have an Argos credit card (which is different to the Argos store card). I think people began complaining, because it no longer seems to happen. Asda was just as bad, with people trying to sell their named credit card.

Wonder what commission is paid!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone