They don't want my vote

Kevscar1 17:52 05 May 2010

Loads of rubbish through the door from labour but nothing from anybody else. Don't even know the other candidates names.
Guess I'll just stay at home tomorrow, if the rest can't be bothered why should I

bremner 17:52 05 May 2010

Is you sitting MP Labour and do they have a big majority?

Forum Editor 18:02 05 May 2010

Errmm.. because you might want to have a say in who becomes your next Member of Parliament?

The fact that only one political party has given you "Loads of rubbish' through the door" seems to me to be a spectacularly daft reason for not voting.

Kevscar1 18:33 05 May 2010

bremner As far as I know it'smarginal but not sure.

FE If I don't know even their names because they haven't bothered to inform me why should I vote for 1 of them

ronalddonald 18:38 05 May 2010

Ive had loads of stuff from thew torys, labour and lib dem, they must be desperate for our votes.

PalaeoBill 18:48 05 May 2010

I wish I had paid more attention to the 'rubbish' posted through my door, including the poll cards. If I had, I would have noticed that the constituency boundaries have been moved yet again and I am now in a different one, Daventry, (the third change since I have lived here).
I was quite happy with the vote I was going to cast; I've met the man who was my MP, I like and respect him and would have voted for him again. Only he's not my MP anymore, I don't know the sitting MP and I don't know any of the current candidates. I have a good deal of reading to do before tomorrow.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:00 05 May 2010

With that sort of lazy attitude I feel that the election process will only benefit from your absence.

G

Kevscar1 19:14 05 May 2010

GANDALF
are you saying it's OK for all bar 1 of the Canditaites to be lazy but not for me to follow their lead.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:19 05 May 2010

No, I'm saying get off your lazy backside, do some research and make a decision based on years of following the progress of each party not from someone poncing around the local neighbourhood. There are 20 million households in the UK and it is unlikely that each one will get a visit. For democracy to work efficiently and fairly it involves the selfless input of the people that it affects.

G

Woolwell 19:21 05 May 2010

Try this to find out who your candidates names are eg click here.

peter99co 19:47 05 May 2010

Considering that people have fought many battles to enable a free vote in this country it is a pity some people can NOT BE BOTHERED.

It is easy to say then "its not MY fault because I did not vote" I suppose.

Tell the people in IRAQ and Afganistan that Voting is a waste of time.

Tell the voters in Zimbabwe who could not vote for their favourite candidate because they were afraid to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?