There's a storm a coming

STREETWORK 17:18 09 Mar 2008

When will this storm hit?

Who will stay up to watch it?

How many of my trees will it knock down this time?

Who's got a chainsaw I could loan...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:28 09 Mar 2008

Got a lot of travelling to do this week, as long as the storm isn't when I'm on the road I'll be happy.

rossgolf 17:33 09 Mar 2008

anywhere nice?

Forum Editor 17:33 09 Mar 2008

There'll then be a brief lull, and it will hit again, probably in the late afternoon. You'll know when it arrives, that's for sure.

As far as London is concerned, the worst weather is likely to come during the morning rush hour, and the Met office says there's a 60% chance of 'disruption', whatever that means. Trees will no doubt fall, but in big cities I think the main risk to people comes from flying debris - roof tiles, signs, that kind of thing.

With luck it won't be as bad as has been predicted, but don't bank on that - my barometer has been fairly steady today, but it's falling very slowly now.

tullie 17:41 09 Mar 2008

Dont worry about it,just get on with life.

barca1 18:07 09 Mar 2008

Highest tide of the year tonight "Watch this space"

barca1 18:18 09 Mar 2008
  Forum Editor 18:19 09 Mar 2008

is that we'll see the lowest pressure recorded in Southern Britain for 18 years just after lunchtime tomorrow, and it's likely to be during the afternoon that we'll experience the strongest winds.

The senior forecaster said "It's the extremely low pressure that worries us."

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:00 09 Mar 2008

Middesborough and Lancs and its all work :0(

lisa02 19:11 09 Mar 2008

I was planning to go to the new Victoria Square in Belfast tomorrow. Don't think I'll bother now and not much point grocery shopping either barca1's link says Stena cancelled ferrys which means no deliveries to the supermarkets. :(

S5W 19:12 09 Mar 2008

You'll know when it arrives, that's for sure.

Yes there will be high winds and lots of rain. It is a gale, a storm for goodness sake, they occur frequently particularly at this time of year. What a kerfuffle. Some dumbo in the Met. Office thinks we should all stay indoors. Sad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone