There coming Home

Kevscar1 08:05 19 Jun 2010

There coming Home. Englands coming home.
Is the new song the fans should be singing.

Glad I couldn't be bothered to watch them

Forum Editor 08:20 19 Jun 2010

why are you bothering to post about them?

Quickbeam 08:21 19 Jun 2010

I'm glad I've not gotten into the spirit of the competition. The last England team that I believed had the ability and will to go all the way was probably the Euro '96/Italia '90 period.

Last nights second half play can be seen on most parks on a Sunday morning after the players have all had a skinful on Saturday night. I've never seen such a disjointed period of international play ever.

As it went on Algeria were getting more confident and obviously thinking 'England, who are they then?'

WhiteTruckMan 08:41 19 Jun 2010

Just how much these players are getting paid?

I'm not a football supporter anymore but do feel the need to support our national team. But I'm dismayed to witness a performance better suited to a sunday morning pub league kickabout than an international competition of the best of the best.

Still, could be a lot worse. We could be the host nation and have to actually *pay* for all this humiliation.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed how quiet its gone on the subject of the olympics. Especially the cost?

WTM

Al94 08:54 19 Jun 2010

Im not a fan but I watched it - they looked like a bunch of tired "passed it" guys having a kick about after a night on the beer!

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:55 19 Jun 2010

Perhaps if they were paid more they would play better.

G

Quickbeam 09:02 19 Jun 2010

...or perhaps not.

Kevscar1 09:10 19 Jun 2010

FE
because I actually hoped I might be wrong about them.

michaelw 09:17 19 Jun 2010

A bunch of overpaid divas! They couldn't even pass properly. I think the manager should shout and scream at them. I must be psychic, I knew this was going to happen.

Oh, if only I was their manager.

birdface 09:20 19 Jun 2010

Yes just when you think that they cannot get any worse they came up with a really dismal performance.
I cannot remember at any time a worse display than last nights.
Man of the Match I don't think there was one.
Obviously the players are trying but nothing seems to be going right for them.
Maybe their next game may improve I suppose all they need is a bit of confidence which seems to be a bit lacking at the moment.
They are not the only ones under performing France and Germany are also strugling.
So lets see what the next match brings.
Mind you I could do with that £4 million a year Managers job if it is vacant soon.

bri-an 09:21 19 Jun 2010

..tired "passed it" guys...

Sorry, but if they'd managed the 'passed it' bit more successfully then they might have won. It's because they couldn't manage to pass to each other that the problems grew.

Past it, they definitely were, however.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017