A thanks to Julian Moss

blanco 18:39 08 Mar 2008

As he says his farewell as the Help Room guru of the magazine in this issue it seems appropriate to say what a fantastic service he has given people like me over the years.
I've never actually resorted to putting a question but, just as with the forums on this site, it is the amount of education one gets from seeing problems and how to solve them or, at least, the right way to go for a solution.
This has been a fantastic learning curve for me so that, even though I am no expert, I no longer panic if something odd seems to happen.
So, cheers Julian and all the best in your future endeavours.

^wave^ 09:49 09 Mar 2008

yes i have read his help pages from the start and have found them extreamly helpful over the years all the best

rossgolf 17:25 09 Mar 2008

who will be taking over him?
maybe a new forum jst for letters recived by pca and the best response goes in the magazine?

MAJ 20:25 09 Mar 2008

Sad to see he's leaving, it's the first page I turn to every month, after FE's of course.

<whisper> Psssst, didn't mean that Julian, your's is first, but we have to keep him sweet. </whisper>

Acx 04:30 12 Mar 2008

The Help pages were the very first things that I bought PCA magazine for (and I would have to dig out many back issues to see how far Julian Moss goes back), from there I discovered these forums and now I love it here.

I don't know Julian personally, but I hope that he leaves feeling that he can make a return to PCA'S pages (I hope he does), If I can read his successors wisdom with as much reverence as I have read his then so be it.

paul trotter 09:29 12 Mar 2008

Thanks for the comments - I'll let Julian know about this thread. He has, indeed, made an exceptional contribution to PCA over the years and has made Helproom one of the most popular sections in the print mag.

We are, of course, continuing with it, so keep the questions coming in.

Paul Trotter, PCA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?