Is Teresa May about to resign as PM.

Govan1x 10:46 18 Apr 2017
Answered

Is Teresa May about to resign as PM.

Lots of romours about today on the news and in the papers.

Govan1x 10:51 18 Apr 2017

Theresa May. Spelling a bit iffy. But supposed to be resigning due to bad health whether true or not we will have to wait for her announcement today.

Click here

x123 11:02 18 Apr 2017

More likely a snap general election.

Where she will crucify labour.

Govan1x 11:10 18 Apr 2017

Yes she has called for a new general election but has not finished her speach yet.

john bunyan 11:13 18 Apr 2017

Snap election on 8 June if Parliament agrees tomorrow.

Forum Editor 11:15 18 Apr 2017

So, we shall have an election, and give the country a chance to vote for a government that will have a clear mandate to proceed with its declared intent to negotiate strongly during the Brexit process. It will also give us all something to argue about for the next six weeks.

Govan1x 11:17 18 Apr 2017

Yup a new election on 8th of June.

Timing is perfect labour are trailing 21 points behind the Tory party at the moment.

I thought it was because of the in fighting in the Tory party that was the problem as they were not happy with her as PM.

Not a Tory supported but I have to think she has timed this well.

john bunyan 11:18 18 Apr 2017

Will she get the 2/3 majority in Parliament or are Labour "frit" as Maggie once called it?

Quickbeam 11:28 18 Apr 2017

I think this throws things wide open, it's by no means guaranteed to strengthen the government's case.

The pro/anti Brexit vote is spread over all political alliances. I think this will very much be an apolitical single issue election.

Should it go in favour of the government I can accept the course that we are taking. By that I don't mean that I'll support it, but I would accept that as the 'true' will of the people is being delivered.

Govan1x 11:43 18 Apr 2017

Obviously Labour are no way ready for a General Election so it will be interesting to see how they vote tomorrow. But as they have been calling for one can they really vote against it.

Like I said she has timed this perfectly and should win with a large majority but then again who would have though Brexit would have won in the referendum.

Can take nothing for granted nowadays.

If they changed the labour leader maybe it would be a closer result but they have no time to do that.

Quickbeam 11:49 18 Apr 2017

"Can take nothing for granted nowadays." Absolutely!

The political polls of recent times have proved to be very inaccurate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?