Telewest PCGuard

zarobian 16:25 05 Sep 2005

TELEWEST is offering PCGurad software for free to their Broadband Customers.

It is a collection of:

1. Firewall software
2. Anti Virus software
3. Anti Spyware
4. Pop-up blockers
6. Parental Control Software

When attempted to install a list of software is presented which will conflict with the PCGuard software. That includes Ad-Aware,Norton Firewall and Norton Anti Virus and so on.

I just cancelled the installation before I knew that it will be a good substitute for the recommended and mandatory removal of the conflicting software.

Has any body installed the PCGuard. What is the general view please?

NOTE: PCGuard will be automatically updated as claimed.

Joe R 18:39 05 Sep 2005

zarobian,

I have been with Telewest for a few years now, and have had no virus or spyware problems.

I use Avast A/V, Zonealarm firewall, Adaware, spywareblaster, and A-squared, all of which are free.

I think it is a good thing for Telewest to offer this package, but would imagine that, most people will stick to programs that they are used to, when if they change to Telewest's package, there could be conflicts with existing software.

big bloke66 23:10 05 Sep 2005

My subscription to mcafee is nearly due (october).I must admit im tempted with their offer.Especially as its free to Telewest broadband users.

zarobian 06:29 06 Sep 2005

Thanks Joe R and big bloke66 for your response. Seems to me that no body has tried the PCGuard so for.

Shall wait for couple days before I close this thread.

Thanks again.

Z

VoG II 08:13 06 Sep 2005
  zarobian 16:41 06 Sep 2005

Well well well your links are very interesting. I missed the existing thread.

Any how I shall give the PCGuard a miss for the time being. Quite happy with my installed Anti Virus/Firewall, Ad-Aware, MS AntiSpyware,Spy-Bot S&d and Spyblaster.No complications experienced with these.

Thanks again and all those who participated.

Z

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?