Tech Product/Person/Company Of The Decade

simonjary 13:20 26 Nov 2009

As we run out the rest of the 00s, we're preparing lists of the Technology Product, Technology Person and Technology Company of the Decade.

The person, product or company should be recognised for their work/influence between 2000 and 2009. And obviously we're looking at this from a technology point of view!

We'd love for your opinions to be included, so please join in the conversation here.

Woolwell 13:36 26 Nov 2009

Google have had an enormous influence in the last decade. The search engine got going in the late 1990's since then many referring to an internet search as Googling. Then there are the mahy applications including Google Earth, Chrome and Android.

Woolwell 13:37 26 Nov 2009

should be refer not referring

bremner 15:28 26 Nov 2009

For person I would suggest Jonathan Paul Ive the Apple designer and the person responsible for the iPod.

The over 150 million Pods have been sold this decade and Apples rise from the near ashes is certainly very much down to the iPod

donki 15:50 26 Nov 2009

Couldnt agree with you more. I'd say the iPhone could also be in with a shout, its design has influenced nearly every other smartphone on the market.

Woolwell 15:51 26 Nov 2009

For the technology - ADSL and Wi-Fi.

amonra 20:36 26 Nov 2009

Amazon, outstanding in all depts.

AL47 20:40 26 Nov 2009

hard question, can we catagorise? hardware/software/interent/inovation?

iphone could be hardware, even tho i want to get rid of mine

internet, - google with ebay 2nd

inovation.. wifi for me i expect

morddwyd 08:13 27 Nov 2009

I can't remember "work and influence" over the last ten months, let alone the last ten years!

I always think the more recent headliners have an advantage in polls of this sort.

The difficulties are epitomised by the nomination for Amazon.

Is Amazon a "Tech Company" just because it's internet based? They're just another retailer, like John Lewis, who also have a fairly good reputation, albeit not just for internet shopping, but who no-one would think of nominating.

Al94 09:09 27 Nov 2009

GPS has to be up there.

dagbladet 09:34 27 Nov 2009

Tech product for me - USB memory stick.

OK it's not up there with the space shuttle in respect of complexity, but to have a huge array music, video, work, magazine stuff etc, all on a little stick in my pocket is fantastic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?