Tea Party in new low

interzone55 11:28 26 Jul 2011

Guardian Link

Glenn Beck, the Tea Party mouth-piece has had many foot in mouth incidents, some of which lost him is job on Fox News, not exactly a bastion of liberal thought.

Now he's hit a new low by comparing the shooting victims on Utøya with the Hitler Youth. "There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler youth, or, whatever. I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics. Disturbing" He's totally forgetting the regular youth camps held by the Tea Party in Florida & Missouri...

Aitchbee 11:55 26 Jul 2011

alan14 - although America is an ally (for sure), it is as foreign to me as Glasgow North.What scares me is that a lot of US citizens will be convinced he is right.

sunnystaines 12:36 26 Jul 2011

we used to enjoy watching glenn beck on fox which channel is he on now? must admit he does sometimes get it wrong on europe.

we now watch max kaiser similar to glenn beck on his view on banks & the economy etc.

interzone55 13:20 26 Jul 2011

sunnystaines

He's on the Premiere Radio Network now, but not for much longer I would have thought, advertisers are leaving in droves after this weekend's broadcast.

daz60 13:22 26 Jul 2011

Just finished watching Max Kaiser,not to everyone's taste but he 'tells it how he sees it'.Has a large axe to grind...wonder if he is like that when he visits his own bank manager.!?

Joseph Kerr 13:44 26 Jul 2011

Incidentally, there are camps for kids withe tea party approved syllubuseseses(???).

Sounds like a few folk here are fans.

Aitchbee 14:09 26 Jul 2011

Alex Harvey sang about the Boston Tea Party.The SAHB was featured on TOTP last week...is there a connection? I think I'll have a cup of ...coffee.

Condom 18:05 26 Jul 2011

The only party this idiot should have been invited to was the Boston Tea Party as I'm pretty sure Alex Harvey would have stuck one on him. Yes it was good to see Alex again as I was not a great fan at the beginning as I thought he initially ruined my favourite band Tear Gas which we saw as our own school band.

Aitchbee 18:44 26 Jul 2011

Tear Gas - what a silly name for a group. Boomtown Rats is more respectable :-) You might have got a SIR!

Condom 19:39 26 Jul 2011

AitchBEE I believe Tear Gas was quite topical at the time as was rubber bullets and was certainly better than their previous name of The Bo Weavels. Anyway with Alex joining them and becoming the SAHB, it changed them forever.

sunnystaines 20:58 26 Jul 2011

alan14 thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone