Tally Ho! ... ... ... ...

Quickbeam 07:47 16 May 2017

There are various things in all elections that will sway our vote. This election is a bit different in that there is a mix of domestic issues that the Tories are trying to win on over Labour as well as the non-partisan Brexit issue.

But is her intention to allow a free vote on the reintroduction of fox hunting going to bring about a third complication that is also non-partisan likely to cause a further major decision influence that might well lose votes from those that may have been won over on the first two issues...?

It seems to be an unnecessary and possibly risky thing to throw in to what is becoming one of the hottest election contests in a long while.

Govan1x 09:13 16 May 2017

Exactly Quickbeam there was no need for her to come out with that as it will loose her some votes.

Would probably have been better waiting till after the election before she did it. Can only think it was a spur of the moment thing and she got caught out.

Aitchbee 10:30 16 May 2017

Quickbeam, jings! I initially thought by the title of your post that you were on a removal fan heading for Scotland ...

bremner 12:44 16 May 2017

I do not think it will make one iota of difference and very clearly neither does Theresa May.

The election will be won and lost on Brexit and the unelectability of Jeremy Corbyn's vision of Labour values.

bumpkin 12:52 16 May 2017

I does seem an odd thing to mention prior to this election.

oresome 12:59 16 May 2017

I initially thought by the title of your post that you were on a removal fan heading for Scotland ...

Well the content has blown that idea away.

I agree with bremner that it won't make any difference as there are bigger issues to consider.

As regards foxhunting, I dislike the thought of killing any animal for sport and particularly in a barbaric manner, but recognise that foxhunting is a traditional countryside activity enjoyed by some. My vote in a general election wouldn't be swayed by such a single issue though.

wee eddie 13:21 16 May 2017

On the Foxhunting Issue.

As far as I know, it is to be a Free Vote, and TM has not declared For, or Against, the issue

alanrwood 15:06 16 May 2017

Yes she has, she said yesterday that she voted against the ban last time and would do so again.

Quickbeam 15:27 16 May 2017

So why throw it into the pot?

bumpkin 15:39 16 May 2017

So why throw it into the pot?

Probably thinks a lot of people agree with her although I can't see it swaying anyone's voting inclinations.

john bunyan 16:50 16 May 2017

Oresome

I frequently agree with your views, and do so again. I will, however, if the time comes, ask my MP to vote against a return to fox hunting.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?