TalkTalk Broadband.

fub123 18:39 30 Jul 2007

In July 2006, having been with TalkTalk since they started the Broadband service, I decided to go with the new Talk 3 plan.
TalkTalk took £29.99 off me for, BT's costs. ( What BT charge us, they said. )

12 Months on, this company still cannot tell me when they will connect me to an 8 meg service.

How many more of us, have been taken for £29.99 and still not had the service, they thought they were going to get and as I don't have the service, what happened to the money. ?????
Any Ideas, anyone. ???

sinbads 19:43 30 Jul 2007

thyen you should have left service like that is uacceptable

interzone55 20:47 30 Jul 2007

What speed is your current connection?

I'm not sure what the £29.99 is for, but TalkTalk's higher speed broadband relies on LLU (Local Loop Unbundled), so TalkTalk need to install equipment in your exchange to connect your line to their network, which may or may not allow you access to higher speeds than BT's network.

If your exchange does not have space for TalkTalk's equipment your line cannot be migarted to their network. I'd chase this up if I were you.

Chegs ®™ 03:53 31 Jul 2007

I'm with Tiscali on an "upto 8mb" connection.I "upgraded" from a 2Mb service as the 2Mb had slowed to 1Mb tops.Since it was enabled,the fastest I've had is 50Kb/s and that was at 4am...at peak times it's often as slow as 0.5Kb/s which inevitably drives me to playing offline games as even visiting PCA can take over 15 mins for a page to load.I have emailed them,phoned them and now asked for my MAC code to change ISP as its intolerably slow all have been met with silence although a "technician" did call when I was out and promised to phone back an hour later....that was 5 days ago.I suppose it'll require a trip to the bank to cancel their payments before I finally get another phonecall.

Stuartli 09:57 31 Jul 2007

The £30 charge you paid was part of the terms you agreed to when signing up - not all that long afterwards TT dropped the charge.

I'm very happy with my TalkTalk Interntional3 package and my broadband speeds are consistently between 6MB and 6.9MB. I've been a subscriber since a year last April.

Stuartli 13:45 31 Jul 2007

As the broadband is "free", you cannot really complain if you are still only getting a 2MB service.

TalkTalk has equipped getting on for 1,500 exchanges with its LLU equipment to date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?