Tablets - The Next Big Thing!

According to PC Advisor and several forums we're all going to be buying Tablets this years......so.....PC Advisor - Please setup;
A forum especially for Tablets
Please make an Android App
Introduce a Top 10 for Tablets
Introduce a Top 10 for Android App

canarieslover 16:24 07 Feb 2011

And perhaps some Paracetamol for the headaches this lot may cause????

Forum Editor 16:41 07 Feb 2011

this years"

We'll see.

jakimo 16:43 07 Feb 2011

in the meantime,'keep taking the tablets'

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:06 07 Feb 2011

A tablet is just a big Iphone IMHO and I personally cannot see where they can fit in or who their target market is meant to be especially as they are not exactly small.

G

wasbikebloke 18:17 07 Feb 2011

One market is those with work mobiles and PC's who want to keep their social life separate and don't want tol sqint at a phone screen

Armchair 18:17 07 Feb 2011

I only use desktop PCs, so no.

Colin 19:48 07 Feb 2011

Tablets will go the way of the Kindle. OK if you think you look cool with one, but they'll be gone in the next few years. Apologies for changing the subject, but why would you pay £111 to read a book?

wee eddie 20:16 07 Feb 2011

You're on dangerous ground there ~ FE's got shares in Kindle or something!

wee eddie 20:18 07 Feb 2011

but I think that a little development work is required yet. Even the iPad has its share of weaknesses.

OTT_B 20:55 07 Feb 2011

I was looking forward to the pricing of the Motorla Xoom, thinking that they may undercut the iPad for a well spec'd but affordable tablet. How disappointed was I to read rumours of a £720 price tag.

Even for the £450 cost of an iPad, you can get a netbook with a 10.1" screen (and a keyboard!), which will out perform the iPad and is more functional - and you'll keep £200 in the bank.

I'm missing something with this tablet hype. Could someone fill me in?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?