Sussex retain Championship title

techie4me 18:17 22 Sep 2007

Been listening via the internet to Surrey v Lancashire who needed to score 489 to beat Surrey and win the title outright for the first time since 1934, and Lancanshire produced a magnificent effort before falling 25 runs short.

You have to feel for Domnic Cork who probably was the only one who could have won the game. A really gutsy performance from him.

spikeychris 18:45 22 Sep 2007

click here for the score card.

Fantastic game - however I reckon all counties should end in shire so they should lose by default.

blanco 18:57 22 Sep 2007

I feel for the Lancashire fans but as one born in Sussex by the Sea I had to wait a very long time before my County won the championship so I bask in their late flowering.

It was a good three way fight however which is all to the good of the proper game while they are playing knockabout in South Africa.

techie4me 20:05 22 Sep 2007

It was good for Durham to finish 3rd.
I think they could be the surprise team next year with Surrey.
How can England over look Ramprakash who averaged over 100 for the last 2 seasons!

Stuartli 20:07 22 Sep 2007

Northern teams such as Lancashire have a handicap from the start of any season - it's called the weather...:-)

g0slp 08:31 23 Sep 2007

I agree with techie4me, particularly when you look at how the Durham squad was decimated by injuries & International duty. They did really well by winning the FP trophy & Div 2 of the Pro40 League. Well done, guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?