Surely this is not legal.

bumpkin 12:37 16 May 2017

Coins for sale on Ebay from UK click here Apart from people being daft enough to buy them I thought it was an offence to mess about with coinage. Anyone with a vice can separate them easily and also put them back out of line as others claiming it to be a rare minting error. are being sold as

oresome 13:11 16 May 2017

Surely this is not legal.

If I was in a frivolous mood, I'd be tempted to say my name's not Shirley.

wee eddie 13:18 16 May 2017

There's one born every day

bumpkin 15:48 16 May 2017

* I'd be tempted to say my name's not Shirley.*

Surely it is.

Forum Editor 16:43 16 May 2017

Technically, it is an offence (under section 10 of the coinage act 1971) to 'break up' a metal coin of the realm.

On conviction, an offender is liable for a fine of up to £400, or a prison sentence of up to two years.

Govan1x 16:47 16 May 2017

I believe some of the £1 coins have flaws in them so are worth more than the original price.

Also changing to the new £5 notes as they would be harder to forge seems to have gone out the window. So beware of new forged £5 notes.

bumpkin 20:57 16 May 2017

Update. 31 sold, more than 10 more available, also others appearing with various "defects" some of which have clearly been tampered with. It strikes me as rather odd that there seems to be such a supply and demand for these "extremely rare" coins.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?