Superlambanana

Bingalau 22:24 15 Feb 2008

This sounds like good news to me. Now all we need is for those monstrosities to be removed from Crosby beach.. Somebody told me they also have them on a beach in Australia somewhere. well those aussies have no taste either.

click here

Totally-braindead 22:29 15 Feb 2008

I've never seen this before mate. What a hideous out of place thing it is.

"I think the ideal scenario would be that it stays in Liverpool and it is purchased by Liverpool City Council." is quoted you have to be mad. Liverpool council is in financial differculty and this numpty wan't them to buy this thing.

Bingalau 22:45 15 Feb 2008

Totally-braindead. I think the word is "Monstrosity".

Kemistri 22:52 15 Feb 2008

I quite like it, but I like art that pokes fun. Like Duane Hanson or Jeff Koons. But I hadn't actually heard of it before (not being from that part of the country) so I must admit that I thought you'd lost the plot when I read your title!

Totally-braindead 22:54 15 Feb 2008

Well everyone to their own as they say but monstrosity sums it up for me. I think its an absolutely aweful looking thing and would go miles just to avoid it.

Kemistri 23:21 15 Feb 2008

"...and would go miles just to avoid it"

By car or on foot? :) Would you avoid this one, too? click here

rdave13 23:27 15 Feb 2008

I know it's 'ART'. Who pays for such um..'interesting' art. I know I wouldn't buy it but have an uneasy feeling that some of my taxes has contributed to these useless lumps of colour and material. Nice to look at (maybe) but useless non the less.

Brumas 23:29 15 Feb 2008

I would drive miles to see it - I think it is pretty unusual although Bilbao is a trifle too far to go for visual stimulation!

Totally-braindead 23:46 15 Feb 2008

Kemistri no I wouldn't avoid that one, its not to my taste but I don't think its hideous.

Miros 01:07 16 Feb 2008

It looks better than 'The unmade bed', Pile of Bricks' and 'The dead Cow' in peservaion liquid which have won art awards in recent years.

crosstrainer 07:10 16 Feb 2008

As though the "artist" should take more water with it. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?