Superfast Broadband

monkeyboy21 14:58 08 May 2008

click here

Living in Bournemouth i was quite excited to see this, but i'm a little curious to see how much it will cost and whether we'll be subject to download limts.

Hopefully they'll be no more talk of speeds up to.... and we'll be able to receive the full speeds. Time will tell!

brundle 15:16 08 May 2008

No slow-down with fibre optic cables

Pineman100 15:51 08 May 2008

Oh stop it, you two.

Out where I live, among the mangle-wurzels, we're supposed to be able to get "up to" 2Mb.

The best I've ever achieved is about 1200kb, and it normally averages about 800kb.

So just stop rubbing my nose in it, eh? ;-)

laurie53 20:41 08 May 2008

My "2Mb" best is about 970, but my average is higher at about 950,

robgf 01:28 09 May 2008

The high speed is due to the data being "flushed" through the system.
Although experts have warned that if overloaded, speeds could drop as the system becomes constipated. :)

Legolas 07:57 09 May 2008

Ah nothing worse than a bottleneck in the system ;))I suppose you could always call in dynarod.

interzone55 09:18 09 May 2008

I'd be a little worried about the smell.

It does remind me of this Google April Fool from last year...

click here

spuds 09:49 09 May 2008

The usage of utility companies pipe-works have been suggested for some time now. The next time you see an BT/OpenReach engineer with his head stuck out of a manhole cover, ask him what he is doing ;o)

interzone55 15:29 09 May 2008

Have you ever seen ONE BT Openworld engineer?

Whenever I see their vans parked up, there's at least three about, I once saw seven Openworld vans clustered on a street. They must have one tool per van, with one dedicated to carrying their lunch boxes...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?