Sunday Dinner

€dstowe 15:31 17 Aug 2008

Following the Sunday Breakfast thread, is the traditional Sunday roast as popular as it used to be? I know it is in pubs (the pubs around here make most of their weekly profit with traditional Sunday lunches) but, how may have it at home?

It's a very long time since I had a Sunday roast at home. Today I have sirloin steak, new potatoes, fresh peas, fried onions and grilled tomato. Not many can cook steak the way I like it which is about half a minute each side in an extremely hot pan such that there are black burn marks but inside just warm.

wiz-king 16:07 17 Aug 2008

Roast shoulder of Devon lamb with new spuds and runner beans from the garden.
As I told my MIL I cant do a roast dinner on Sunday because when it is time to put the meat in the oven we are our riding around the countryside on our horses. So today it's rabbit stew.

interzone55 16:24 17 Aug 2008

Today for lunch I had Heroes Pie - a new pie created for a local deli Heroes click here. It is a pork pie, topped with RS Ireland's Black Pudding & Mrs Kirkham's lancashire cheese. It was very nice indeed.

For Sunday dinner (or tea, as it's known around these parts) I'm having Italian meatballs & spaghetti.

The White Horse pub up the road from our house used to do a fantastic Sunday Lunch, but it's under new management and the food is nowhere near as good...

GRIDD 16:28 17 Aug 2008

At least 4 times a week inc. Sunday, today was Roast Beef.

Our trad dinners includes fresh organic veg, meat (beef, pork or chicken and occasionally lamb), Yellow Flesh Potatoes from M&S and baby new potatoes.

The 3 other days are whatever days with one of them usually being fish n chips as I'm not totally evil to the kids ;)

BT 16:31 17 Aug 2008

We've always had a Sunday roast even when I was working. If I was on Night shift we had it at lunchtime, and in the evening when I was on Days. I think in thge 36 years we've been married, there's probably only been a couple of dozen times when we've not had a Sunday roast.

Toady its Roast Chicken with herbs from the garden, Potatoes fresh from my neighbours garden, Stuffing, peas and carrots.
For dessert we have fresh plums from our tree, with ice cream.

spuds 16:45 17 Aug 2008

Don't know about the 'home' traditional roast,but our local eating houses seem to have it on the menu every weekend. Like alan14, our local once fantastic eating house as been taken over by new owners, and apparently the food and service as dropped considerably.

On a personal note, we have just had a nice piece of 'organic' pork with a variety of frozen vegetables and bramley apple sauce. That will does us until the tin of chocolates and biscuits comes out later on.

Anyone fancy doing the washing up :O(

version8 16:47 17 Aug 2008

Beans on Toast followed by some fruit.

g0nvs 16:50 17 Aug 2008

All this talk about food is making me HUNGRY !

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:42 17 Aug 2008

Sunday roast.
At home if the F1 racing is on.
In a quiet pub, like today, when no race scheduled.

When is the Sunday Tea thread starting?

:0)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:44 17 Aug 2008

My mistake just found the thread Sunday Evening meal ;0)

click here

namtas 20:06 17 Aug 2008

Kippers, there is only one source, smoked over oak sawdust, the legendary

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?