Summer-Night Concert

morddwyd 08:17 20 Jun 2010

Summer-Night Concert from the Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna, in front of 120,000 people. (Saturday night)

Magnificent.

Worth the monthly instalment of the licence fee alone.

Quickbeam 08:37 20 Jun 2010

Our local park for the last 3 years has had a open air evening classical concert but with less than 1200 people, but the spirit is there.

We're trying to persuade them to have folk and a rock one as well seeing as it's quite popular.

Kevscar1 13:37 20 Jun 2010

Wife, daughter and grandaughter went to Thetford forest 11th to see Simply Red perform in the open. Said it was amazing. Joyellas first concert she was blown away

michaelw 13:44 20 Jun 2010

We used to take the kids many years ago to the Crystal Palace evening concerts, with some wine and snacks. Brilliant.

natdoor 13:59 20 Jun 2010

I missed it on Friday but have watched it since. Although very good, I don't think it quite matches the atmosphere of the New Year's Concert, which I haven't missed in decades.

morddwyd 20:25 20 Jun 2010

I believe the New Year's Concerts have lost something in atmosphere in recent years as the majority of the audience now appear to be non-Viennese, and even non-Austrian.

The Schonbrunn concert, on the other hand, still seems to show the Viennese doing what they do best, promenading and enjoying light music.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?