Summer Hols.

Grey Goo 10:24 05 Feb 2010

With the Eurozone in possible financial meltdown and with all the hassle at the Airports, body scanners, queues and the lottery of cabin crew strikes, looks like it's Skegness this summer. At least there should be a plentiful supply of Mushy Peas unless Crash Gordon sticks a windfall tax on them.

Quickbeam 10:34 05 Feb 2010

I think maybe Birds Eye acted to swiftly click here There will now be a major mushy pea shortage this summer. We'll have to have mushy TTs instead...

sunnystaines 10:51 05 Feb 2010

I can think of far better places in G.B. than Skegness.

Seth Haniel 10:58 05 Feb 2010

click here

Saturday 7th to Tuesday 10th August 2010

Hartlepool has been chosen as the destination for the second and final leg of the 2010 Tall Ships Race.

Having sailed across the North Sea from Kristiansand in Norway, the ships will be berthed in Hartlepool Quays between Saturday 7th and Tuesday 10th August 2010.

The North East of England has countless attractions for the visitor. This is a big occasion and it makes sense to stick around and sample not only the magnificent spectacle of the Tall Ships, but other local attractions. Several venues are planning additional Evening Entertainment so stay on and enjoy the infamous North-east hospitality.
-
You can take my place i'll be heading North out of the way

Grey Goo 11:48 05 Feb 2010

Nothing wrong with Skegness, where else could you get a Butlitz camp and a gentle fish scented Gale blowing in off the East Coast. Still hopeful of finding King John's Jewels on the beach.

Quickbeam 11:50 05 Feb 2010

Any blokes jewels will go missing in the North Sea!

Clapton is God 11:54 05 Feb 2010

Earls Court for me.

3rd to 7th August; Great British Beer Festival.

Mushy peas, fish, chips, loads of other food, live music and over 400 varieties of real ale.

Marvellous! ;-))

The Mountaineer 13:00 05 Feb 2010

Cumbria for me March to September with occasional breaks to Kathmandu.
Don't do mushy peas in Kathmandu, but maybe I could introduce them!

Quickbeam 13:05 05 Feb 2010

Won't that be a bit too risky at that altitude, what with it being so near to the fragile Ozone layer?

OTT_B 13:09 05 Feb 2010

Got a long weekend in London planned. Dropping the kids with my parents and headng out with the missus for a weekend of museums, food and drink.

Legolas 13:33 05 Feb 2010

Already have a week booked in Sept in a cottage with a few members of the family in Southerness on the Solway Firth. My Summer will be liberally sprinkled with visits to the Isle of Arran for short breaks and healthy walking, I would also like to visit one of the more remote Scottish Islands this summer just not made up my mind where. Last June I spent a few days on the Isle of Muck one of the small isles of the West coast of Scotland, the weather was amazing I got well and truly toasted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone