Success with Home Video to DVD at last!

Tenacious Green 18:59 13 Oct 2005

Thanks to PC Advisor.

Having endured misery at the hands of Pinnacle with Studio 9 I have today finally produced a fully edited, MPEG 2 format DVD, which plays with the quality I have seeking to achieve. This was achieved by using two programs supplied by PC Advisor in the Dec 2004 issue on the Cover DC, Roxio videowave and DVDX maker which I found whilst in hope I searched my back catalogue Cover CD's.

Roxio was easy to use and produced some good editing effects and DVDX maker was fantastic encoding AVI to MPEG2 to the standard I hoped Pinnacle studio 9 would achieve, but failed.

Pinnacle is just too complicated with too many permutations to achieve quality which I was unable to do.

It just goes to show how useful the Cover disks can be and that far too many video capture/editing software tools are too complicated.

Keep it simple!

Totally-braindead 19:48 13 Oct 2005

A worthy point Tenacious Green, when I get a PC Advisor mag I always look to see if there are some programs I may actually use, if not now then perhaps in the forseeable future. I also make it a point to check to see if it requires online registration and if it does I do it then even if I won't be using the program for a while. The reason I do this is that you may find if you want to try a particular program 6 months later that the registration site has been closed, if you've already registered and have a serial number you're ok and can reinstall and run the program.

As an example of this I have CDX Rescue which I registered at the time and have used twice to successfully get information off a damaged disk. If you still have the PCA disk and wish to use it but haven't the serial number I'm afraid you've had it as the site is gone, as has the company sadly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?