Stuff Changes is it me or them?

jack 08:36 23 Jan 2007

I think every time I format and 'Rebuild' the system or make make a change in some other less radical aspect- chunks come up that the like of which I have not seen before.
This could be simply the way I consciously or other wise click the tabs in the process of course, but sometimes I wonder..........

Take for example the dial up panel. My BB box is of the click to dial sort not 'on all the time'.
I would get 2 panels come up 1st of the large Win2000/XP sort and behind it the older '95/8 sort either one would connect.
Now this past 2 weeks I have reformatted and reloaded.
The dial up box as before would come up.
Then I noticed on close down Windows was going to town with its updates patches every day - presumably catching up on all the stuff that went with the reformat.
Then a new dial up box appeared smaller and plainer than the earlier ones

This morning- As soon as the screen was up - I was connected - no dial up box
So is it just me or is it t hem?

microcoder 09:01 23 Jan 2007

Have a look at settings

i)Start -> Connect To -> right click BB connection ->Properties ->Options

ii)IE ->Tools tab ->Internet Options->Connections tab(never or not present or always).

Hope this helps.

jack 09:13 23 Jan 2007

Thanks for those suggestions microcoder- nothing significant to see but I did change the font- much better- I can sit back now instead of hunching forward -ooooh my back.........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?