Stuck on a BT contract... a way out

Seth Haniel 16:19 11 Feb 2010

click here

Can I get out of this contract?
The short answer is yes. On Tuesday, BT stated that if a customer can show that they are "significantly disadvantaged" by the change, then they will be permitted to leave their contract even if it still has months left to run.

We understand that if a customer states they are "unhappy" with the change, then they will be allowed to leave - and they will not be asked for lots of evidence about how they will suffer from the change.

BT is likely to do its best to try to persuade you to stay, perhaps by making a new offer. But if you want to leave, you should be able to.

oresome 16:29 11 Feb 2010

I am surprised that the regulator ever allowed these 18 month contracts, which are then rolled on for a further 18 months ad infinitum.

They are designed to curtail competition and I thought we were all about opening up the telecoms market.

johndrew 16:37 11 Feb 2010

I am on the Unlimited Anytime Plan and, although a bit more expensive, is actually cheaper for me than the old Evenings and Weekend plan that was replaced.

I`m not 100% certain but I believe they are giving me a further 3 months free which is worth having.

Fore anyone interested the plan consists of:

Key features

* Unlimited UK* Anytime calls
* Calls to UK mobiles for only 7.2p a minute all day every day
* Inclusive 0845 & 0870 calls^
* BT Answer 1571 voicemail and other Calling Features can be added to your line
* FREE customer support – call us any time you like
* A 12 month contract applies.

Monthly price

For the first 3 months all you pay is £11.54 a month line rental, if you pay by Direct Debit or monthly payment plan and opt for paper-free billing1. Full price of £5.99 a month plus line rental applies from the fourth month (£17.53 a month total).

Call pricing

Calling UK landlines2

* Weekend calls: Inclusive
* Evening calls: Inclusive
* Daytime calls: Inclusive

Calling UK mobiles3

* Flat rate 7.2p a minute any time of the day

PLUS 200 texts included every month from your landline to other UK landlines and mobiles.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?