Strong Liver

morddwyd 10:02 19 Nov 2009

(No, not mine!)

We bought some Jacob's Sheep liver, but unfortunately it has proved a bit too strong for our tastes (about half as strong again as boars' liver).

Any recipe suggestions to make it milder?

Best we can think of so far is mince it and make faggots.

Grey Goo 10:11 19 Nov 2009

I only ever eat Pig's liver and that not very often, found this recipe if you like that sort of thing.
click here

wiz-king 10:26 19 Nov 2009

Soak it in milk for a couple of hours before cooking.

morddwyd 12:00 19 Nov 2009

Too late for this batch I'm afraid.

We knew about the milk, of course, but didn't realise sheeps' liver would be so strong.

Grey Goo - we eat pigs' liver quite often, also lamb and ox. We're even lucky enough to have a buffalo farm ten miles away, and also eat that when we can get it, nothing quite a strong as this lot though!

I am Spartacus 12:02 19 Nov 2009

Lightly fry and include a tablespoon of sherry.

Woolwell 12:29 19 Nov 2009

Opened this thread expecting it to be about this click here

Quickbeam 15:38 19 Nov 2009

It should work well in a steak pie with such a strong flavour.

Add 200g of it to this full flavour recipe for a steak & ale pie click here and replace the nondescript French mustard with Colman's wholegrain and you will have one of the tastiest pies ever made... yummy, I have still got some in the freezer:)

morddwyd 17:56 19 Nov 2009

With the greatest respect to the learned people who came up with that news, Scotland's high rate of male alcoholism is matched only by its high rate of male heart disease!

Quickbeam 18:10 19 Nov 2009

Well they would say that wouldn't they, they still don't see anything wrong in smoking full strength cigarettes.

Talk about trying to justify the unjustifiable!

Quickbeam 18:34 19 Nov 2009

click here Liver cooked in...

Tinned Tomatoes!

morddwyd 19:19 19 Nov 2009

I think frying it once it has already been cooked would only serve to make it tough and leathery.

I would also think that the sherry would make the flavour even richer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?