Stranded Travellers

Quickbeam 11:30 24 Apr 2010

They seem to have been forgotten my Europe's governments now. Today's paper reported that Virgin and BA were asking travellers on flights booked a while ago to volunteer to postpone their flight if possible, so that stranded tourists can be gotten home.

Speaking to my sister in Italy, they have the same problem there. It looks like a case of 'out of sight, out of mind'. I'm surprised that GB thinks he can take that line with an election just around the corner.

jakimo 11:40 24 Apr 2010

Far from being forgotten the UK airlines appear to be very active in bring back stranded passengers

click here

spuds 11:57 24 Apr 2010

Some of the airlines are also seeking advice as to 'who is going to pay for all this'. Especially were claims and expenses are involved by passenger's.

jakimo 12:05 24 Apr 2010

The priority is to get them back to the UK,which if the reports are right thats whats happening.

No doubt some passengers will end up having to pay their own return costs

ronalddonald 12:16 24 Apr 2010

I thought that traveling gypsy's were travelers and the Irish

Chegs ®™ 12:39 24 Apr 2010

I saw some interviews with stranded passengers recently,one said "I haven't the cash to pay extra as I'm on disability" :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?