St Andrews day google

Legolas 08:51 30 Nov 2009

I have just been to the Google website and the Google Icon is showing a St Andrews day theme. I suspect that as my IP address is in Glasgow (at work)that this St Andrews day theme is only in Scotland.

Mark5001 08:55 30 Nov 2009

Nope down here in Wales too.

Awshum 09:07 30 Nov 2009

It's Google uk. Oh and today is my birthday. :)

interzone55 09:26 30 Nov 2009

My IP address is in France, although I'm in Rochdale (oh the beauty of working for a huge US corporation, they haven't a clue about geography) to I just get the jolly old Google logo with France underneath (in English!).

If I switch to Google's UK site though I do get the very dark St Andrew's day theme.

For more Google doodles take a trip to this page, some are quite brilliant click here

Interestingly, the spell checker built into Chrome doesn't recognise the word Google...

Brumas 10:26 30 Nov 2009

MHR :o)

Condom 15:04 30 Nov 2009

well I'm ashamed to say I forgot until I saw the icon this morning in England. Well done Google although it is a little gothic in appearance.

Legolas 21:25 30 Nov 2009

I think the picture is of Stirling Castle. Well done Google very 'on the ball'

Condom 14:59 01 Dec 2009

Alan 14
Thank you for that link. Looks like Sesame St is way out in front of all the others number wise or is that a sign of present US culture.

I loved the Loi Krathong one from Thailand as I missed it this year. One of the prettiest nights in a very beautiful country. To see hundreds of thousands of these beautiful creations all lit up and floating down the rivers and thousands of multi coloured lit kites filling the skies is awesome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?