Spyware warriors call for action

Belatucadrus 11:37 10 Feb 2006

click here for BBC article on spyware and moves to deal with pushers of fraudulent spyware cleaners. Congrats to Nellie2 on getting the ball rolling in such a successful way.

spuds 11:55 10 Feb 2006

Let's hope this campaign gets the help and success that it needs. Nellie2 and her colleagues deserve further praise for their achievements so far. Its going to be an uphill struggle, but with the support of many, the task of overcoming this nuisance can be a great success.

watchful 12:38 10 Feb 2006

she and the rest of the team reign! Very important work accomplished with knowledge and vigour.

rmcqua 13:03 10 Feb 2006

A great initiative that deserves the thanks and support of the whole computing community!

VoG II 17:18 10 Feb 2006

Well done Nellie2 :o)

Nellie2 19:08 10 Feb 2006

Oh gee thanks... believe me, no one was more surprised than me when the BBC said they wanted to do that article.

So now you all know the real me!!! Shock horror!

Please don't forget that the whole aim of the campaign is to get people who have been affected by this sort of rogue application to complain to me either on my blog or at malware removal or you can even fill in the online form that is in the BBC article. (They did promise to forward comments on to me)

See my original post click here for further details.

Arthur Scrimshaw 19:38 10 Feb 2006

Gwynne Brothwood ??

Nellie2 20:09 10 Feb 2006

Yes I am afraid that is the real me

stalion 20:15 10 Feb 2006

well done,I like the comment in the write up about what you do in the real world. I would think anyone getting a trojan or worse thinks this is the real world.

Arthur Scrimshaw 22:09 10 Feb 2006

Something to be proud of - certainly raised the profile of the problem!

spikeychris 08:57 11 Feb 2006

Well done Nel - great scoop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?