spooks

dukeboxhero 16:31 16 Oct 2007

finnaly somthing worth watching on the tv, 9pm tonight BBC1 , a wellcome return

dynamikos 16:59 16 Oct 2007

I need to catch up on the last series first. The wonders of sky plus to the rescue! A trip to blockbusters or maybe I'll just download them.

Forum Editor 17:11 16 Oct 2007

so far, and I only hope the producers don't make the error that so many makers of good TV seem to make - that of 'milking' the concept, and in the absence of strong story lines lapsing in to fantasy-land.

If I have a hint of anything that smacks of a dream sequence I'm off into the sunset, never to return.

anskyber 19:05 16 Oct 2007

Yes, I shall be watching with just a little trepidation.
Previous series have mostly made for gripping viewing but I fear the decline which is often associated with a series past it's sell by date.

octal 23:05 16 Oct 2007

"its a bit close to the knuckle this one"

True, but topical?

anskyber 23:34 16 Oct 2007

Episode 2 does not reveal all.

laurie53 10:13 17 Oct 2007

Didn't really find the first series all that good, but thought I'd give it another try in view of all the good reviews (including this forum).

Still not convinced; I'll probably watch the second episode, but not compulsive viewing for me.

Each to his own.

silverous 10:21 17 Oct 2007

Loved it last night. Excellent.

techie4me 10:28 18 Oct 2007

Episode 3 hots things up a bit!

donki 13:27 18 Oct 2007

Imo there are alot of series' on tv worth watching so much so that I dont have time to watch them all e.g. Prison Break, Heroes, Scrubs, Greys.

Seems that most are from the US. I think the only Brit shows i would have watched were The Office Teachers (died after the second series)or Prime Suspect were all I would have never missed.

Not that big a fan of Spooks, Jack Baur would take them all. :P Role on the next series.

anskyber 10:44 19 Oct 2007

In fact, good though "24" is the real problem is the role of Jack. No matter what happens there he is at the end of it all, imprisoned maybe, destitute perhaps, but alive. It's implausible.

Spooks has a greater sense of reality. Main characters are developed and the audience "gets to know" the character. The difference is in Spooks they are then killed off, it is impossible to know if any individual will make it to the end of the episode let alone the series.....meanwhile Jack soldiers on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?