Specsavers

Andsome 16:12 25 Feb 2010

I posted a similar topic on here the last time I needed an eye test. I have always been satisfied with the tests received at Specsavers, however I strongly dislike their sales offers. I needed a new prescription, I use reactolite lightweight lenses, varifocal with scratch resistance. They quoted me give or take a few pence, £219 for new frames plus lenses. I said that I wanted new lenses in a pair of perfectly good old frames, and was quoted £247, an extra £28 for the privilege of using my old frames, and saving Specsavers the cost of the new frames. Naturally I protested at this ridiculous offer. The manageress told me that they were offering a discount if buying new frames. This is of course an absolutely stupid argument. She fully appreciated my argument and had a word with the branch director. He made me an offer of £182.75 for new lenses in my old frames. A shop a hundred yards away offered me new lenses in my old frames for £115. This is the same shop that I purchased from the last time Specsavers tried their swindling act.

The moral is to do what I did, and have Specsavers eye test, and buy the glasses from an independent supplier. Before anyone points out the seemingly obvious, the independent shop does not carry out eye tests, or I would have gone there for the test too.

sunnystaines 17:01 25 Feb 2010

have an eye test where you can trust the optician avoid ones using locums.

then take your presrciption and shop around for the best deal.

i have just spent ages shopping around and found boots did the best deal on glasses but used the "optical shop" each year for my eye test as i always get a good though eye test there,

read thread click here

sunnystaines 18:44 25 Feb 2010

Specsavers would have been my choice if boots had not lowered they prices

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017