Spam problem fixed

Legolas 18:28 25 Mar 2008

Since my ISP(NTL)improved there spam filters a year or so ago I had cut my spam intake to almost none. That was up to a few month ago when the amount of spam began to steadily grow.

Today I had over 200 emails the vast majority of which was spam, even although I use mailwasher it is still time consuming going through them all to weed out the ones I want to view. I may be wrong but I think the increase in spam coincided with the takeover of NTL by Virgin Media.

I was annoyed today with so much spam I was wondering what to do about it and I remembered I could go to the NTL (VIRGIN MEDIA)website log in to my email account and set the way they treat suspected spam emails.

I had set this before to delete spam before it was d/l to my computer be that mailwasher or outlook, when I checked the settings it was reset to allow all emails without checking for spam hence the reason for my increase.

It seems that when Virgin Media took over, the way spam is treated was reset to the default.

I have now set it to send to a spam folder on the Virgin Media website which I will check once a week just in case something important has been put there by mistake, so I am waving goodbye to spam once again...hopefully.

birdface 19:25 25 Mar 2008

No.I don't think it is anything to do with Virgin.I am with NTL now virgin and hardly get any spam e-mails.I use e-prompter and like I said get very little spam .Maybe 2 or 3 a week at the most.So I would imagine the problem is with what is on your computer.

birdface 19:28 25 Mar 2008

I don't have an e-mail account with Virgin.Maybe that is the difference.I use Incredimail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?