Southampton Area

bluto1 22:53 22 Feb 2008

Anyone know the area well enough to point me towards some inexpensive B & B's in the area. I'm going, with my wife to Hamble on 31 May for 2 days.I had a look at Travel Lodge at Eastleigh yesterday and found a room for £29.00. My wife had taken our credit card shopping so I couldn't book it.
You've probably guessed, when I went back to book it the room was booked, hence my request for help here. I don't know the area at all and would appreciate all the help I can get, especially about the same price. Breakfast is not mandatory.
Forgot to add that we'll be taking a taxi to Hamble.

sunny staines 10:50 23 Feb 2008

watch out for the time and motion speed cameras there are loads of them down there all linked up to work out your average speed between them.

€dstowe 10:57 23 Feb 2008

Google: Hamble places to stay.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:05 23 Feb 2008
  bluto1 13:45 23 Feb 2008

Thanks all for the help and to you, sunny staines, for the warning about the cameras.
I'd say that I've enough to go on now so I'll click resolved. Again, Thank you.

interzone55 16:13 23 Feb 2008

I'd stay clear of the Travel lodge in Eastleigh if I were you.
I have to stay there regularly (company account with them) and it's very noisy with the M3 just outside the windows, and kids use Leigh Road as a drag strip...

bluto1 21:08 23 Feb 2008

That's great info. Thanks a million. I think we're heading elsewhere in the area anyway,but because we've family and friends in the area and they can't put us up my original thought was that Eastleigh would be perfect. Your info is good value. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?