Sounds same as FE's big red button

Seth Haniel 12:46 24 Nov 2010

click here

Under a World War II-era law, the US president appears to have authority to disconnect computer systems and servers from the internet in the event of a national emergency.

But the next US Congress is poised to change that

Bingalau 17:46 24 Nov 2010

Looks like everybody has chickened out at the mention of the FE's big red button...

lucky1 17:49 24 Nov 2010

He's been very quiet!!!

uk-wizard 17:52 24 Nov 2010

No need for a big red button - FE will just use his best solid siver deleting mice. click here

SimpleSimon1 18:48 24 Nov 2010

Execuse me....I don't think FE would go downmarket.... I'm reliably (!) informed that this (click here) is his weapon of choice

Forum Editor 19:26 24 Nov 2010

My deleting mice didn't cost me £16,200 each.

I had a matched pair specially built for me some years ago. They are solid silver with hand-engraved depictions of the PCA logo tastefully entwined with the words 'I'm the Daddy!' in flowing Palace script.

They came in their own polished Mahogany box with red velvet compartments for each mouse, and one of my office hand-maidens burnishes them once a week. They are kept at a constant 37 degrees Centigrade, and can be fired up, ready for action in under ten seconds. When one is removed from its velvet nest a micro-switch triggers my office sound system to play 'Ride of the Valkyries' as I left-click on the deletion icon on my forum editing interface monitor.

So you see, having a post deleted isn't something that happens without a degree of ceremony.

Bingalau 22:19 24 Nov 2010

Got any spare hand-maidens available, I've got my own copy of "Ride of the Valkyries"...

Forum Editor 23:04 24 Nov 2010

I'm sorry, they are all fully occupied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017