song?

denis93 04:43 11 Sep 2007

when i was 15 back in 1977,i heard a song with these lyrics "and the music made me dance all night,and the sad songs made me cry,i guess i`ll always be the same till i die",
the singer sounded like elvis,but i am pretty sure it was not him,any ideas any one?

He might not be the most famous of the Welsh rock 'n' rollers, but none of the others, Shaky included, have ever come closer to capturing the sound of Elvis Presley. From the South Wales valley town of Merthyr Tydfil, he fell in love with the music of the King and by the early 60s was fronting a local band called The Emeralds. It was following Elvis' death in 1977 that Frankie was invited by Kingsley Ward to record Just a Country Boy (from Memphis, Tennessee) at his renowned Rockfield Studios in Monmouth, South Wales. The song is so atmospheric and the sound defies it's vintage. Apart from the guitar solo (very Kirsty MacColl) the double bass, drums and Jordanairesque backing vocals, you'd swear it came from 1957 not 1977. "His music make me dance all night, and his sad songs made me cry, and I'll always feel the same way 'til I die".

mp3 sample
click here

is this the one?

denis93 02:59 12 Sep 2007

thank you a million times over,i have been searching for that song for 30 years,your a diamond cheers mate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone