Sometimes the rescuers need rescued!

Al94 19:14 30 Jan 2008

Fortunately there were no casualties but with the boat badly damaged, storms forecast for tonight and tomorrow, and no luck ith salvage today, I don't fancy her chances click here

Totally-braindead 19:18 30 Jan 2008

Its unusual to see the RNLI getting into differculty but lets face it its a very dangerous job and they risk themselves, their crew and the their ship every time they go out. No matter how well trained and how professional a crew are there is bound to be a time when the elements are just too strong and this seems to be a case of that.
I'm glad to see no one was injured though.

wiz-king 21:48 30 Jan 2008

I used to be in a cave rescue team and whilst doing a rescue in the lake district several of the rescuers (inc me) got injured and had to be helped out. A man and a couple of boys went exploring down some old mine workings and got lost, it took a couple of dozen of us to find them and get them out and I got hit by a rock fall. Ouch!

Al94 15:16 22 Mar 2008

Nother lifeboat on the rocks click here This is getting expensive!

Bingalau 15:32 22 Mar 2008

wiz-king I can't get over how many stupid people get themselves in to positions where rescue teams have to be sent out to save them. I am talking about the ones who go walking in the mountains in unsuitable clothing or in to caves, in spite of being warned before hand that the weather is unsuitable. These idiots should be left to their own devices. If not, they should certainly be made to pay the emergency services for turning out to rescue them. Preferably twice the cost.

I can understand young children attempting to climb cliffs and getting in to difficulty or trapped by the tide etc. But there is no excuse for irresponsibility on the part of grown ups.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?