Someone beat me to it...

Sethhaniel 11:47 13 Nov 2006

click here

It seems not everyone finds spoof Kazakh TV reporter Borat funny. Sacha Baron Cohen was reportedly punched after a prank he played on a passer-by backfired. The comic approached a man on the street in New York as his alter-ego and said: "I like your clothings. Are nice! Please may I buying? I want have sex with it."
Apparently his victim suffered a sense of humour failure and promptly punched him in the face.
The Sun said Cohen was left yelling for help as the man punched him repeatedly.
The star was rescued by actor Hugh Laurie who had been on his way to a bar with him after the pair appeared on US TV show Saturday Night Live.
The newspaper quotes a friend of Cohen's as saying: "Sacha couldn't resist playing the fool as Borat but picked on the wrong person.
"I guess this guy thought he was being attacked by someone unstable and lashed out.
"Sacha is very lucky he didn't get a much worse beating."

Mr Mistoffelees 12:01 13 Nov 2006

I'm tempted to say he had it coming. Had he approached me in a similar manor, I would not have thumped him but, I would have found him very irritating and informed him he should go away now, not necessarily politely.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:12 13 Nov 2006

I find Borat very funny indeed. There is a lot more depth in what he does than just setting people up to look stupid.

G

rodriguez 12:19 13 Nov 2006

Haha what a plonker. You do get a few crazy people in New York though, so it's not surprising the bloke thought he was being attacked. I don't think he's as well recognised in America as he is here either.

Sethhaniel 13:41 13 Nov 2006

Come on ruin my day completly - by saying you also love the League of Gentlemen
;(

I think he's more of an embarrasment than a joke.

Vangeliska 15:53 13 Nov 2006

Unfortunately, there are many who find his Ali G and Borat persona funny, I'm not one of them.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:00 13 Nov 2006

Yes I do find the LoG very amusing.

G

PurplePenny 16:09 13 Nov 2006

I don't understand what anyone sees in him. Although the media keeps telling us that we all find him funny, aside from Gandalf I've yet to find anyone who finds Borat amusing and most people add that they never found Ali G funny either.

IClaudio 16:14 13 Nov 2006

but... a whole film's worth? :roll:

Sethhaniel 16:15 13 Nov 2006

in the same opinion here as are my workmates

fraid I make my own descisions on whom i find funny and don't let the media influence me otherwise ;)

Mind someone could harness GANDALF <|:-)> 's replies and be on a winner ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?