Some of the wrong answers on quiz shows.

mymate 14:28 31 Jan 2008

click here
Made me laugh.

rezeeg 14:46 31 Jan 2008

Me too. Thanks mymate I needed that.

Mike D 14:49 31 Jan 2008

Love it!

[email protected] 14:49 31 Jan 2008

Thanks mymate,
had a good giggle
my favorite
Alex Trelinski: What's the capital of Italy?
Contestant: France.
Trelinski: France is another country. Try again.
Contestant: Oh, um, Benidorm.
Trelinski: Wrong, sorry, let's try another question. In which country is the Parthenon?
Contestant: Sorry, I don't know.
Trelinski: Just guess a country then.
Contestant: Paris.

sunny staines 14:54 31 Jan 2008

i read it earlier, had good laugh, a sample of todays dumbed down education.

jakimo 16:34 31 Jan 2008

From time to time ex-big brother contestants appear in tv quiz shows,suggesting that they are thick would be a compliment

Bingalau 17:10 31 Jan 2008

There used to be a quiz program on BBC Radio Merseyside called "Give Us A Clue". I am convinced that the program makers recruited the thickest people they could find as long as they were the "Gabby" type. I must admit it made for some funny programs because the presenters, one of whom was Billy Butler, were able to play the contestants along some weird and wonderful pathways to get the required answers. I think they still sell lots of CD's of recordings of those programs.

dagbladet 19:20 31 Jan 2008

I was once dragged up on stage to compete in a quiz in front of about 500 people. I'm usually good at quizzes when I'm watching tele. Well I have to say that right from the off my brain turned to mince and was useless. Looking back on the twenty or so questions I was asked, I would normally get about 16-17, I got 4. I've no doubt all the smart alecs win the audience were thinking, "what a thickie".

dagbladet 19:21 31 Jan 2008

I was once dragged up on stage to compete in a quiz in front of about 500 people. I'm usually good at quizzes when I'm watching tele. Well I have to say that right from the off my brain turned to mince and was useless. Looking back on the twenty or so questions I was asked, I would normally get about 16-17, I got 4. I've no doubt all the smart alecs win the audience were thinking, "what a thickie".

dagbladet 19:21 31 Jan 2008

woops, sorry.

Blackhat 23:33 31 Jan 2008

Many years ago a friend of mine entered the Mastermind competition. His first chosen subject was English political history between certain dates, as the questions began he became aware that the question compilers has miss-read his dates, consequently he scored only 2 points in that round.

After complaining he was told that the session could not be re-recorded and he would have to re-apply next year! He did suffer a lot of embarrasment as a result of his performance. He did not re-apply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017