some Pictures of Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler

Londoner1 14:19 22 Oct 2006
  Londoner1 14:23 22 Oct 2006

Greetings every one,

here is latest news about Ice-Cooled Computer Cooler with some pictures.

click here

Regards

€dstowe 14:50 22 Oct 2006

Hello Londoner1

I recall your previous posts and I also recall that I requested the patent number (or patent application number) for your invention.

Can you post this to the forum, please?

Believe me, I have no wish to disparage your work but you state on your website:

"After that, although I have applied for a patent, I will write an instruction and manual about how to
make and use ICCC. This instruction and Manual will be available for a small contribution. The actual material goes into making ICCC shouldn't cost more than £10.00, ten pound UK sterling."

A patent will cost you lots of money to take to grant and you can't afford, surely, to make offers like you are doing.

Also, if you are giving tacit approval for people to make their own coolers, then you will lose an awful lot of money as patent specifications are in the public domain (this is what "patent" means) and potential non-commercial users just need to obtain a copy of the patent or patent application to be able to imitate the invention.

def90csw 15:09 22 Oct 2006

Ice + Electicity hope everything is sealed OK!

€dstowe 15:10 22 Oct 2006

Some of the pictures do show appreciable condensation.

Input Overload 15:55 22 Oct 2006

What about the graphics card, bridge chips & hard drives which all need cooling these days? Esp. graphics card chip.

hijo 16:22 22 Oct 2006

ok this is an amazing idea & if the £££'s was invested in it would be a groundbreaking money earner,HOWEVER...!!!
look at the second picture FROM bottom & if you see the middle pink pipe as it bends to the left has MAJOR condensation on it..!!! NOT GOOD NEAR ELECTRICS & to add another idea would be to have "Tie straps" or similar on the ends of the pipes sealing them on the connectors so they wont blow off under pressure,,,!!! just food for thought guys..!! but its still a great idea..!!

jimv7 17:07 22 Oct 2006

What has dogfood to do with cooling computers?

I'll stick with normal cooling, an icepack over the cpu and cats in the bath do not impress me.

Totally-braindead 17:11 22 Oct 2006

Your webpage takes a very long time to load, I presume the pictures are quite high resolution which I think you could consider changing.

Its an interesting experiment but as I said before when you originally posted about it its rather impractical. Are you going to build an icemaking machine into it? And I don't really see the advantage of running a system this cold unless you were going to major overclock the parts and even then I think they'd still destroy them selves.

Anyway regardless, I wish you luck.

Londoner1 08:14 23 Oct 2006

Many thanks to all of you, who replied to my post. I appreciate the kind advices of €dstowe a lot. On purpose I left the pipes uninsualted to take pictures with condensation around them. Off course the pipes have to be insulated otherwise they waste a lot of cold heat.

wolfie3000 08:26 23 Oct 2006

I gotta ask why the cat pictures?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?