Some perspective on Wi-Fi scaremongering

Kate B 11:34 29 May 2007

and thats why i connect via ethernet. lol

Colin 11:56 29 May 2007

Very good! Isn't that a Linksys router? If I use one from a different manufacturer will I be OK? Having said that, my BT Home Hub turned my cats brain to guacamole and then ate my toast whilst I answered the door this morning.

TalYasis 12:42 29 May 2007

And the scaremongering dangers from eating modern fast food click here .

For many many years we have been eating large amounts of sugar,fat and salt and it did'nt kill anyone!
Yea?

I think that it would be a wise move to protect children from wi-fi.
It is only a fool,normally an older one,who would ignore the hidden wi-fi dangers that may only become evident over a long period of time.

When the kids come in from school I say "go and wash your hands".But "it's only a bit of dirt" I can hear from you lot!

Arthur Scrimshaw 13:16 29 May 2007

So what 'hidden wi-fi dangers' are those? And why would an older person be more likely to ignore these dangers?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:19 29 May 2007

:0)

(0:

:0)

Thats me rolloing on the florr with laughter.

Forum Editor 18:08 29 May 2007

What conceivable sense is there in saying:

"It is only a fool,normally an older one,who would ignore the hidden wi-fi dangers that may only become evident over a long period of time."

How can anyone ignore a hidden danger? If it's hidden, then it's not visible, and can't possibly be seen by anyone, young or old.
As for what you tell your children about hand-washing, what on earth has that to do with WiFi dangers?

If you're going to make a point, you might at least think it through for a few seconds first.

Forum Editor 18:13 29 May 2007

Myth debunking forum. We seem to spend a fair bit of time on these 'Ooerr, we're all going to die from radiation/something vague, but terrifying/secret plots' type threads.

TalYasis 18:17 29 May 2007

The simple point is that when individual and personal standards are low then this can be the excuse for mocking others with higher standards.

I sure many do see the reality like I do.

Kate B 18:21 29 May 2007

TalYasis, I posted this thread for a little light relief - the cartoon is funny - not to rehash the Wi-Fi debate, though I guess if folk want to re-hash it, I can't and won't stand in their way. But I'm not quite sure what your point is, except possibly to needle other people.

TalYasis 19:11 29 May 2007

"But I'm not quite sure what your point is, except possibly to needle other people." - nonsense.And it is not for anyone to dictate the stance I should take on a posted thread.

I have a duty to inform other regarding the possible hidden dangers due to long term usege of wi-fi especially regarding young children.

Many ,who will not be alive many years from now, obviously don't give a damn about using wi-fi to-day but I think we all have a moral duty in making sure that the children of to-day are not going to suffer from future poor health due to Bad Hardware.

Sorry if the fat,sugar and salt comparison went over some heads.These foods may be safe but excessive use over a long period of time does kill.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?