Some People Are Beyond Help!

babybell 10:32 24 Mar 2009

Article from my local newspaper about a man who is worried that because his number plate is shown on Googles Street Maps that he fears for his identity. That was bad enough but as a comment left at the bottom of the article points out, the man has now also given away his name, age, adress and occupation!

click here

Uboat 10:36 24 Mar 2009

The comments on the bottom of the link speak volumes here.

Grey Goo 11:00 24 Mar 2009

I wonder how long it will take for the Congestion Charge dodgers to use Streetview as an attempted escape route from paying up.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:12 24 Mar 2009

I am surprised that he has managed to evolve thus far.

G

beynac 11:47 24 Mar 2009

I went to Sainsbury's this morning and was horrified to see dozens of cars without their number plates blurred. This is a criminals charter. Anyone could just note down a number and clone it.I am going to remove my number plates to safeguard my identity. I'm sure that the police will understand! ;)

What a load of twaddle.

spuds 12:13 24 Mar 2009

Some are saying that the new Google Street Maps are giving the criminal fraternity a leading edge ;o))

When Google Street Maps reach our area,I hope the two dogs and me with the 'defencive' instrument is on full view ;o((

Quickbeam 12:18 24 Mar 2009

Some of these should frighten them away click here ...

Grey Goo 12:21 24 Mar 2009

Looks like the mother in laws photo album

BT 17:34 24 Mar 2009

You can get far more information about properties from the older 'Birds Eye Views', where you can see a location from all angles from above. OK you can't read Reg Nos. but you can see into back gardens etc. StreetView only shows you the front of a property which anyone can see from the street. I really can't see what people are getting so het up about.

Forum Editor 17:39 24 Mar 2009

is being made by a few people about absolutely nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache