Solitare card suites

flamev 14:56 10 Jun 2008

Im in the same situation as fullyfitted (24 March), lost my solitaire suite after hard disk problems. Cant remember the name, cant find it on google. It had animations of soldier insects randomly passing across the screen, and you could turn on possible moves. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. Any suggestions??

sunny staines 15:34 10 Jun 2008

any of these

21 Blitz
Apply your blackjack skills to this solitaire puzzle.
Aces High
Win as much play money as you can by getting the best 5-card hands.
Bumperjack
Black jack with a twist.
Crescent Solitaire
another awesome and challenging solitaire game.
Golf Solitaire
A solitaire game with a twist.
Klondike Solitaire
one of the most popular styles of solitaire games.
Make 24
Mix and match the cards to make a total of 24.
Matching Pairs
a good memory is key to cracking this game.
Poker Solitaire
Vegas style solitaire.
Pyramid Solitaire
Solitaire with a Pyramid Layout
Silly Solitaire

from web site click here

sunny staines 20:06 11 Jun 2008

did any of the above help you out?

MAT ALAN 20:25 11 Jun 2008

Probably spider solitaire, follow instructions to recover...

Insert your Windows CD and make the following steps:

1. Click Start|Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs.
2. Click on Add/Remove Windows Components button.
3. Select Accessories and Utilities|Games
4. Check checkboxes with solitaire games: Freecell, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire
5. Click OK button.

If the checkboxes in Accessories and Utilities|Games are already checked, then uncheck these checkboxes, restart your computer and then check these checkboxes again

flamev 14:07 12 Jun 2008

Thanks to sunny staines and Mat Alan for replies, however, the suite I lost contained Pyramid & Klondike as wel as 30-40 other solitaire games. Non of the ones listed seem to be that suite.
With regard to the instructions to try to recover the programme, being a complete technophobe I 'got a man in' when I had my original problem (unable to open Windows at all). He took my computer away and had to clean the hard drive and when it was returned he'd installed his Windows XP professional, rather than using my Home edition disc. Presume these instructions are for the bog standard games which come with Windows which I've got. The games I've lost were from a friends computer who I've since lost touch with.
Hey Ho, I'll keep looking.
flamev

spikeychris 14:22 12 Jun 2008

I'm always suspicious when XP Pro is installed over XP Home by a man someone got in. Tell me to sod off if you wish but are you happy the software is legit? If you have doubts post back and we will find out...

dagbladet 14:26 12 Jun 2008

What about this freeware ?

click here

flamev 10:37 15 Jun 2008

Thanks for your concern spikeychris, however I think we're straying into territory I'd rather not go. Not understanding how computers work (nor wanting to) I have to get a man in when things go wrong. I have to presume his copy is legal, he runs a legit IT support business.

What about what freeware, dagbladet?

flamev 12:25 15 Jun 2008

I've found it! Its Solitaire Antics Delux by Masque if anyones interested! Thanks for all suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?